Dago

The steamship Dago was built in England in 1912 as a cargo ship. The ship was taken into use by the Russian navy during WWI, and was rebuilt as an armed minesweeper carrying the bow number 4. Dago was anchored West of Osmussaar island on 23 October 1915 due to bad weather, when she was attacked by the German submarine U-9. The torpedo was shot from a short distance and hit the minesweeper right in the center. The vessel foundered immediately.

7 Seven crew members were killed.

http://register.muinas.ee/public.php?menuID=en_wreckregistry&action=view&id=215​

Dago was surveyed with a Teledyne RESON SeaBat 7125 by the 

Estonian Maritime Administration Hydrographic Department. Read more

Video Credit: Vladimir Karpin



Rate this video

1 star 2 star 3 star 4 star 5 star 6 star 7 star 8 star 9 star 10 star